Cat Costs!

bearnova64

I can’t give you an exact figure but it won’t be cheap. A few thousand pounds all up.

But who knows how much that will be in 4 years time.  Also rules change all the time and you might find there will be a ban on importing cats by then. We could not bring our budgies or reptiles for example and had to rename them.
Already many councils require cats to be confined to your own premises at all times and neutered and registered. More are adopting harsher rules every year. 
Cats pose a huge problem to native wildlife here (not adapted to such predators) and although feral cats are a much bigger problem pet cats are still complicit.

If your cats are free to roam at home they might not adapt well to being confined.  Not all councils require this at present, our local cats are very clever as they know to return home for curfew! 

13 hours ago, bearnova64 said:

If we wanted to move 2 cats from the UK to Perth in Western Australia how much roughly would it be in terms of a cost breakdown?

By the time we move in 3 or 4 years time the cats will be about 10 and 8 years old.

The basic shipping cost for each cat is going to be around £1,500, but once they arrive they will need to go into quarantine and that will be about another $2,000. I've heard total costs of around £3-4,000 per cat mentioned in other groups, so that's what I'd budget. Most people normally use an agent who deals with the whole thing, as the process is quite involved. This article might be helpful...

https://www.movehub.com/advice/pet-relocation-costs/#shipping-costs

• Like 1