Student Visa at 42 ?

Capt SAK

I am 42 , enrolled in University of Tasmania for a Graduate Diploma (Maritime Operations Management- Maritime Logistics) course of one year, directly related to my profession and work experience, I am intending to apply for student visa along side my wife and kids as dependants, Please advise if my age will be an issue for obtaining a student visa. I can show evidence of Property back home , Employer Assurance letter that I will rejoin them once back after studies and some investments in my country. 
any input about how to make strong GTE case.

I don't see why age would be a barrier.  However as I've said before, if you are hoping the course will enable you to get permanent residency in Australia, I think you are wrong.  You need to pay for a proper consultation with a good migration agent like Suncoast Migration or Go Matilda before you embark on such a plan.

I have a simple Plan..

Arrive Tasmania , Do COR ( Assessment by AMSA) , apply for regional Nomination , wait to get Nominated while I complete Graduate Diploma , Once I complete Graduate Diploma , Again put EOI now for Graduate Stream. If able to get nominated by this time , apply for 491 , if not get Temporary Graduate Visa and join a course in Perth (In Occupational Health and Safety or Project Management) there are loads of jobs in these 2 sectors, do the one year course get a job and put EOI with WA.

If at any stage get 491 , either do a job or simply buy a business and get PR after 3 years abiding by 491 Requirements. 

it should work .. 

8 minutes ago, Capt SAK said:

I have a simple Plan..

Arrive Tasmania , Do COR ( Assessment by AMSA) , apply for regional Nomination , wait to get Nominated while I complete Graduate Diploma , Once I complete Graduate Diploma , Again put EOI now for Graduate Stream. If able to get nominated by this time , apply for 491 , if not get Temporary Graduate Visa and join a course in Perth (In Occupational Health and Safety or Project Management) there are loads of jobs in these 2 sectors, do the one year course get a job and put EOI with WA.

If at any stage get 491 , either do a job or simply buy a business and get PR after 3 years abiding by 491 Requirements. 

it should work .. 

Has a professional migration agent told you it will work?  Remember the cutoff for visas is 45 so you will have to get all that done before you reach the cutoff age. 

You do know that you need to be nominated in an occupation that is related to your qualification?  I recall you saying there were no maritime jobs in Tasmania so how will that work?

Also remember that you cannot usually get a visa with just a qualification.  You need the qualification AND a minimum amount of work experience, and the experience must be gained AFTER the qualification. Any experience before you get the qualification does not usually count.

• Like 2