Adelaide to Brisbane

North to South

Hi, I currently live in Adelaide but want to move to Brisbane and while I know everyone’s views on suburbs are subjective, so I would just appreciate some guidance on where the furthest suburbs I should start my search from in all directions if I wanted no more than a 30 min commute into the cbd.  Also, any areas to avoid looking at would be appreciated.

If anyone has made the switch from Adelaide to Brisbane it would be good to hear your views and whether it’s been a positive move.

appreciate all comments.

Check out the suburb reviews on Homely.com.au.   

Also, it would help to know your budget for buying a home and what size you're looking for, as there's no point someone suggesting suburbs you can't afford.

Finally, since you're in Australia, by far the best solution is to take a holiday in Brisbane for a week or two and spend the time driving around the burbs to get a feel for what you like.

I lived in various suburbs in Brisbane for over a decade, mostly on the north side. There's a cliché you will hear some Brisbanites say that "North and West is best", in which there is some truth. The north-west of Brisbane is generally quite hilly so the suburbs have a little more character, and are also not as flood prone. The south side has some nice suburbs too (Bulimba, Balmoral, Morningside), although I'd avoid any areas directly under the flight path of Brisbane airport and those prone to flooding (see maps below). I would also avoid anywhere south of Springwood and Ipswich, for different reasons. Although a few years old, the map below should give you a good idea of the demographic of each area.

West is best – high income earners love Brisbane's leafy western suburbs |  Queensland Economy Watch

Green indicates areas affected by aircraft noise.

image.png.83142caca1e7ec1dbba2f8eb3c2b4263.png

Brisbane 2022 flood map.

Capture-1.png

• Like 1