Help please- AQF equivalent training providers

Hi everyone!

I wondered if anyone can help...my partner is a fibrous plasterer, he has years of experience but no formal qualifications. He has been told he needs to get an AQF Certificate III through an Registered Training provider. I found one in the UK but reviews were awful and the company didn't seem genuine. We are in Kent and are happy to travel to London if there is somewhere available to help.

Thank you

Edited by Gina turk

You need to seek professional advice on this.  For the visa he may be able to substitute experience for qualification for the assessment (possible with some trades).  Depending on how many year’s experience he can prove then he might have enough left for points to be scored.

If he does an AQF now then he can only claim for any experience after he has qualified.

Of course he may still need to do further qualifications to work in his trade once in Australia. A bit chicken and egg but ……..

Edited by rammygirl

I suggest booking a proper (paid) consultation with a good migration agent.  Get a quote from Suncoast Migration or Go Matilda.  

I say that because your partner might not need the qualification.  If he's had enough experience, he may be able to substitute experience for the qualification, BUT you need a professional migration agent to work that out. 

I would recommend contacting Down Under Centre - they are brilliant with this sort of thing and determining what may need to be done. My husband obtained an Australian qualification through them and they were also really helpful with Recognition of Prior Learning.