Visa 189 advice

g_CS_teacher

Hi all,

With the Visa 189 pathway, if a teacher applicant has a skills test, 65+ points and meets the requirements for this visa, are you almost guaranteed the visa? Or do you still need to be invited by a state only if your subject is needed?

I just don’t want to go through the process if I meet the conditions only to later find that I am waiting to be invited to immigrate if I am needed

thanks 

17 minutes ago, g_CS_teacher said:

Hi all,

With the Visa 189 pathway, if a teacher applicant has a skills test, 65+ points and meets the requirements for this visa, are you almost guaranteed the visa?

Absolutely not.   The visa process is like applying for a job.  In the advertisement, the employer sets out the minimum requirements for the job. But of course, the employer isn't going to settle for the applicants with just the minimum requirements.  They're going to choose the applicants who can offer higher qualifications or more experience.  Everyone else misses out.

Same goes for Immigration. 65 points and the requirements are the minimum needed.  You are up against other applicants, and Immigration will pick only the highest scoring/most qualified to fill the small quota that's granted each year. 

It's worth noting that if you go for the 190 instead of the 189, the states are less interested in the points score.  They are more focussed on the specific needs of their state, such as which subjects are in high demand.

12 hours ago, g_CS_teacher said:

Hi all,

With the Visa 189 pathway, if a teacher applicant has a skills test, 65+ points and meets the requirements for this visa, are you almost guaranteed the visa? Or do you still need to be invited by a state only if your subject is needed?

I just don’t want to go through the process if I meet the conditions only to later find that I am waiting to be invited to immigrate if I am needed

thanks 

As the 189 is by invitation, it is never guaranteed.

189 does not require sponsorship by a State.

For the last published invitation round, 65 points was enough to be invited in teaching occupations.