Jan or April; best weather?

Guest paulandilya

Guest paulandilya

Hiya all.

We are due to come over early next year to validate our recently confirmed visas, and will be looking at Brisbane and the Gold Coast as our destinations. Could anyone please tell me when the weather is best for our visit? We are looking at the second half of January or the early part of April and are unsure what is best. We have two young kids and need to see some really good weather as we have not had a holiday for over five years!

Clear skies and sun is preferable although we understand there may be some rain. Perhaps you can post your thoughts as to when we would experience the region at its best.

Thank you, Paul and Ilya

Hi!

Congratulations on the visas!

If it was down to me I would go April time. I think going in January would be too humid for a taster trip and your first holiday for years! It's the kind of weather I would want to build up to and aclimatise myself with the heat first!! In April you are Autumn time so cooling down, some rain but not heaps (but never guaranteed!) and just perfect really.

Good luck.

Kate

Guest Paul EDGE

Hi

We live on the GC and yep it does get a bit humid in Jan/ Feb but for me anytime is perfect on the GC make sure you've got a pool near you and a fully stocked fridge and you'll be just fine.

Good Luck

Paul & Fam'

I would say either or,,, January is lovely (cant wait for the heat,lol),although flights will probably be a little more expensive.It does get hot but nothing unbearable ,just make sure the car has air-con and youll be fine.

April is still nice,starts to cool off a little but still warm enough to swim etc,maybe check out flight prices and just go for the best deal,Good luck with everything

Cal x

Guest fatpom

April is best, it will be warm enough. There have been a lot of dry summers over recent years... if that continues then Jan would be fine but who knows??? If you're expecting to do a fair bit of physical activity January's humidity can be crushing.

You'd probably be looking at an average of 3-5 degrees cooler in April but at a guess probably less than half the rainfall?

Check out the Bureau of Meteorology web site. There are good statistics somewhere on there (used them for a job once, a while ago).

Bear in mind it could quite conceiveably rain every day in April or Jan but the probablity is much lower for April.

Guest JoanneHattersley

Id say any to be honest! Jan is the hottest and it might be good to get a full blown summer taster of Oz!!!!!

April as cal says cools but still able to swim!

Congrats on VISA!

Guest paulandilya

Thank you to all the lovely people who took the trouble to reply to our thread ref. Jan or April weather. We booked our flights for 31st March '09 today and are now very, very excited abour our upcoming visa validation trip.

In April when there is rain in Queensland, is it continious rain as we have here so often for a few days at a time, or does it tend to be torrential daily downpours as in Florida, and then the rest of the day is lovely?

We would love to hear more. Regards Ilya and Paul

Guest fatpom
Thank you to all the lovely people who took the trouble to reply to our thread ref. Jan or April weather. We booked our flights for 31st March '09 today and are now very, very excited abour our upcoming visa validation trip.

In April when there is rain in Queensland, is it continious rain as we have here so often for a few days at a time, or does it tend to be torrential daily downpours as in Florida, and then the rest of the day is lovely?

We would love to hear more. Regards Ilya and Paul

Its not fully tropical so you can't set you're watch by the afternoon drenching like you can in some tropical areas during the wet.

You can get several days continuous rain or shower periods. Anything is possible but its likely to be fine and sunny in April.

Archived