Sponsorship

Jen130

Have you got any idea which is the best visa to apply without sponsor I am not able to find any only point based stream but however i only come to 60 points but we need 65. Any advice on visa to apply without sponsorship

On 18/07/2023 at 19:22, Jen130 said:

Have you got any idea which is the best visa to apply without sponsor I am not able to find any only point based stream but however i only come to 60 points but we need 65. Any advice on visa to apply without sponsorship

How old are you? I'm guessing coming close to 45 as otherwise in cyber you'd smash the points requirements

Do you have a degree? You almost certainly won't pass the cyber skills test without one (even if you can prove you can easily do the job).

Similarly once here cyber is pretty much "sewed up" as a market by the tier 1 and tier 2 consultancies and they won't hire without a degree.

We would need a lot more detail about your age/quals to be able to give anything more meaningful 

I run a practice in one of the big 4 doing cyber stuff so I've got a pretty good handle on the market

If you fall short points-wise but have time on your side, you might consider applying for jobs in the UK with companies that have cyber roles in both UK and Australia, then try and transfer internally. A lot of global firms will have tech hubs in EMEA, US and APAC so they can provide round the clock support.

Quite a few Aussie banks have cyber roles in London, e.g., Westpac, Commonwealth Bank and Macquarie.