Visa Options

Jamie2023

Good afternoon or evening depending where you reside in the world.

Me and my family returned from Adelaide, Australia back in 2020 due to the pandemic and the concerns over family being able to travel over to see us.

At the time my wife was 4 months pregnant with our 4th child and was concerned about her parents being able to travel because of boarder restrictions.

We are now looking to go back over to Australia and are looking for some advice on Visa options.

Originally I was employed and working as a Mechanical Designer but have since changed my job to a Mechanical/Construction Project Manager. Can I apply for the same Sub class 482 working visa or because I am not involved with technical drawings as much, would I need to look at another visa?

The perfect visa would grant me and my family PR from the offset but from what I am reading online this is only if your skills are in high demand or you have over £1 million in the bank.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards Jamie

14 hours ago, Jamie2023 said:

Good afternoon or evening depending where you reside in the world.

Me and my family returned from Adelaide, Australia back in 2020 due to the pandemic and the concerns over family being able to travel over to see us.

At the time my wife was 4 months pregnant with our 4th child and was concerned about her parents being able to travel because of boarder restrictions.

We are now looking to go back over to Australia and are looking for some advice on Visa options.

Originally I was employed and working as a Mechanical Designer but have since changed my job to a Mechanical/Construction Project Manager. Can I apply for the same Sub class 482 working visa or because I am not involved with technical drawings as much, would I need to look at another visa?

The perfect visa would grant me and my family PR from the offset but from what I am reading online this is only if your skills are in high demand or you have over £1 million in the bank.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards Jamie

Keep an eye on this list when it is published

https://www.migration.sa.gov.au/occupation-lists/south-australia-skilled-occupation-list

Great, so you pass the age test, which opens up the possibility of a 189 or 190 visa. These are permanent visas for you and your family. The next step I would recommend is to speak to a registered migration agent to see what visa options you have and which is best for you. Any of the agents who post regularly on the forum are highly recommended 

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/07/2023 at 18:44, LettCat said:

July is already winding down and there is still no list. When do they usually post it?

I'm not too sure. When I was looking a few years ago into the NSW list it certainly wasn't instantly updated.