600 Visa extension onshore

Paul0015

Hi guys 

My mum got a visitor visa subclass 600 with 3 months entries (multiple entries 3 year grant) and she came australia 2 months ago but we want to extend her stay for another 3 months so can you please guy suggest how can i apply for a new visa and what reason i can mention so she can stay bit longer 

thanks

Edited by Paul0015

9 hours ago, Paul0015 said:

what reason i can mention so she can stay bit longer 

The actual reason is a good place to start. Remember that a new visa will replace the one she currently has. You could always take her on a short holiday to Bali or NZ to reset the stay period on her current visa. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 09/07/2023 at 02:59, paulhand said:

The actual reason is a good place to start. Remember that a new visa will replace the one she currently has. You could always take her on a short holiday to Bali or NZ to reset the stay period on her current visa. 

Hi Paul, not the thread starter but I have a related question: If the mum does this and goes back and forth (stays 3 months in AU, goes to Bali/NZ for 1-2 week holiday, and go back to AU for another further 3 month stay, repeat) will there be any issues with immigration?

Another question, if the mum applies for a 12 month stay tourist visa while still holding the multiple entries 3 year grant visa, will there be any issue (e.g. existing visa cancelled)?

12 hours ago, Aeoz said:

Hi Paul, not the thread starter but I have a related question: If the mum does this and goes back and forth (stays 3 months in AU, goes to Bali/NZ for 1-2 week holiday, and go back to AU for another further 3 month stay, repeat) will there be any issues with immigration?

If someone "goes back and forth" repeatedly, over and over again, there will certainly be issues with immigration.  It will look as though she's trying to beat the system and stay long-term.

• Like 1