Visa arrival question

Rob Frain

Just a quick one - as many of you know I've applied for a 189 visa and we're hopefully are the closing stages of this. 

I'm currently due a visit to Australia with just my daughter in October to see my sister get married and have a normal e-visitor 651 visa for this. What will happen when I get to Melbourne? Do they activate my 189 visa (If it's ready by then) or can i ask them to not do that and use the holiday visa? Will there be any problems if its just me and the daughter and not all four of us?

Most probably panicking over nothing. 

3 minutes ago, Rob Frain said:

Just a quick one - as many of you know I've applied for a 189 visa and we're hopefully are the closing stages of this. 

I'm currently due a visit to Australia with just my daughter in October to see my sister get married and have a normal e-visitor 651 visa for this. What will happen when I get to Melbourne? Do they activate my 189 visa (If it's ready by then) or can i ask them to not do that and use the holiday visa? Will there be any problems if its just me and the daughter and not all four of us?

Most probably panicking over nothing. 

If it has been granted by then it will be validated when you enter Australia. You don't have to ask, it will just happen and your 651 will no longer exist. Doesn't make any difference that you are not all there, you and your daughter will then have activated PR visas, the others will be validated when they visit or move.