Visa 482 question

Hey guys, just a very quick question on Visa 482 employer sponsored medium term visa. I am currently onshore and applying for this visa with help of my employer. They advertised my job with a salary range of between 60k - 80k however in the contract we that we're about to sign my pay is close to 85k. Will this be an issue under the eyes of the migration case officer?

The nomination already got approved, the work migration agent says this is not an issue, just getting a second opinion here...

Thanks for the answer! :)

I've never heard of it being a problem, but a smart immigration agent could easily decide to kick up a fuss.

If the actual salary is 85k it isn't hard to see why they couldn't find an on shore applicant that would do it for 60-80.

So you've gamed the system, but I suspect you'll get away with it.

19 hours ago, thisEngineer said:

Hey guys, just a very quick question on Visa 482 employer sponsored medium term visa. I am currently onshore and applying for this visa with help of my employer. They advertised my job with a salary range of between 60k - 80k however in the contract we that we're about to sign my pay is close to 85k. Will this be an issue under the eyes of the migration case officer?

The nomination already got approved, the work migration agent says this is not an issue, just getting a second opinion here...

Thanks for the answer! 🙂

Could it be $80k plus Super Ann ? 

Cal x

7 minutes ago, thisEngineer said:

No it's definitely 85k without Super....have you ever heard of this being an issue?

Personally, no sorry, but as is always said on here ,it is best to listen to your agent. If they dont see or think its a problem, it probably isnt, they know best.

Cal x

8 minutes ago, thisEngineer said:

No it's definitely 85k without Super....have you ever heard of this being an issue?

Your company is supposed to do genuine market testing, i.e. place a genuine advertisement and be willing to consider applicants who apply.  It's pretty obvious that this advert wasn't genuine. The company advertised the position at a ridiculously low salary, to be certain that no one would apply for it.  As Ausvisitor says, they've gamed the system.  However if Immigration didn't notice, it's unlikely they'll notice now.

• Like 1