Agent and visa fees clarification

AndrewMcD

Hi,

Asking a question on behalf of a friend that I embarrassingly couldn't answer, despite having gone through the process myself!

If a family of 4 are planning on migrating under a hoped for 189 category visa it says the fee's are $4,240 to the department and (for example) $1,750 for an agent.  I assume that is for the full application and not per person?  It's a long time since I did my visa application and I know that Citizenship was a per-person fee, but that makes sense as each person gets thier own.  but for a visa it's one application so a single fee, right?

Thanks!

27 minutes ago, Lavers said:

I never used an agent but those fees don’t seem high enough.

Actually good point.

I used an agent and it was more than that 3 years ago 

2700 GBP agent

Visa fee for each person as per published rates

English test fee about 200

Vetassess or equivalent about 1000

Medical 400 per person 

A$ 4240 is the fee payable to the Australian government for the visa application for the main applicant as mentioned. There are additional visa application charges for each applicant. The agent’s fees are separate and will vary by firm. I do have a higher charge if there are additional applicants as there is more work involved. 

Edited by paulhand

13 hours ago, paulhand said:

A$ 4240 is the fee payable to the Australian government for the visa application for the main applicant as mentioned. There are additional visa application charges for each applicant. The agent’s fees are separate and will vary by firm. I do have a higher charge if there are additional applicants as there is more work involved. 

I think mine did too, but the actual breakdown is lost in the mists of time, I just have the record of total amount paid