887 - Suddenly Lots Of People Being Asked For Medicals?

JetBlast

Hello,

It seems that a large number 887 applicants with children born in Australia are being asked for medicals. I know 2 people in person and lots online with the same experience.

Has this happened before? Could this mean they are trying to get these applications ready for processing? Could this mean they are going to attempt to get through a large number of these after Christmas?

Thanks

12 hours ago, JetBlast said:

Hello,

It seems that a large number 887 applicants with children born in Australia are being asked for medicals. I know 2 people in person and lots online with the same experience.

Has this happened before? Could this mean they are trying to get these applications ready for processing? Could this mean they are going to attempt to get through a large number of these after Christmas?

Thanks

Yes , DHA reently advised it had processed over 3m visa applications in the backlog with circa 750,000 remaining. The new government is looking to clear the backlog of many subclasses (but not all) in coming months.

Hopefully this means the backlog is getting cleared as I've been waiting since September 2020. 

The no flight rule on my bridging visa has meant I've missed some family members passing away and not been able to travel home. 

Also cant buy a house and the market keeps going up.. had enough of it now to be honest. 

sorry, fed up rant over. I know I am not the only one in this boat.