Croydon VIC - Queries!

EJMac

Hi all, hoping someone here may have some insights on Croydon as an area? We are currently in Moonee Ponds and looking to move out of the city to buy a bigger house, we were looking around Eltham as nice area good schools etc but haven't found much yet despite many long Saturday's doing open houses..

We started to look a little further afield and have found a beautiful property in Croydon, we thought it would be too expensive but the price has just been reduced so we are super keen to make an offer but we're not sure at all about the area - does anyone on here live around there? If so what is it like an an area? The schools are not quite as highly rated as Eltham,  are there any ones to avoid/apply for?

The commute is fine, post covid I only have to come into the office 2 days a week and my wife works part time in the city.

Any insights would be appreciated!

Thanks.

My daughter lives in Croydon, Victoria.

Croydon is a nice area and I love shopping in the main street, lots of lovely tree lined streets in Croydon.

Croydon in part of the City of Maroondah and a browse through their website should give you an idea of the area.

https://www.maroondah.vic.gov.au/Home

You should also check out  the surrounding areas such as Croydon Hills and Wonga Park to name a couple as an example.

Edited by IrishDigger
Insert URL to Maroondah City Council