Hotels/airbnb in Melbourne

Quoll

Might be taking the granddaughter to a VSV connect day which I assume will be relatively central Melbourne.  Anyone have any recommendations for motels/airbnb not outrageously priced either sort of central with car parking or on a reasonable rail line (preferably on the East side as we will be driving up from East Gippy) ditto with the car parking.  Cant believe that I said I would be happy to facilitate this - 7+hours each way and then back to Canberra.  The things grandparents do, huh?! TIA

I looked up VSV Connect and got a virtual school in Thornbury.  Is that it?   If so, that's 10km north of the city.   Nearest motel would be the St Georges Motor Inn.  Cheap and cheerful. On a major highway and no shops nearby to speak of, though.   Another alternative is the Quest Ivanhoe which would be better if you want restaurants and shops and is only 9-10 minutes drive from the school.  It's also on the East side. 

If it is the virtual school, then it's nowhere near any train or tram lines and you'll have to bus it, so check directions on Google Maps before you book anything.  

14 hours ago, Marisawright said:

I looked up VSV Connect and got a virtual school in Thornbury.  Is that it?   If so, that's 10km north of the city.   Nearest motel would be the St Georges Motor Inn.  Cheap and cheerful. On a major highway and no shops nearby to speak of, though.   Another alternative is the Quest Ivanhoe which would be better if you want restaurants and shops and is only 9-10 minutes drive from the school.  It's also on the East side. 

If it is the virtual school, then it's nowhere near any train or tram lines and you'll have to bus it, so check directions on Google Maps before you book anything.  

Thanks! I think I had assumed they would be meeting up to go to a museum somewhere, hadnt thought of them going to VSV first!!! Have asked the gd for more info! This is turning into bigger than Ben Hur as it looks like we might have to hang around in Melbourne until the weekend because her mother and new man were taking them up to Melb for his daughters birthday that weekend anyway. Poor gd doesn't need to drive up and back, up and back over the week so we might have to hang around to hand her  over later!  Best option might be too wait until the next connection day!!!!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Marisawright said:

Apparently it'll be the MCG!!! Just what I wanted LOL!