190 Visa - anyone settled in a different state?

OnTheFence

Has anyone settled in a different state than the one that sponsored you? If so, has there been any action taken by the sponsoring state? Or repercussions in any way? Two approved Mara agents have told me that it’s a moral obligation and not a legal obligation to move to the sponsoring state and that no action will be taken other than when/if we apply for citizenship we might be looked on less favourably. 

4 hours ago, OnTheFence said:

Has anyone settled in a different state than the one that sponsored you? If so, has there been any action taken by the sponsoring state? Or repercussions in any way? Two approved Mara agents have told me that it’s a moral obligation and not a legal obligation to move to the sponsoring state and that no action will be taken other than when/if we apply for citizenship we might be looked on less favourably. 

Which state have you applied for and which do you prefer?

4 hours ago, OnTheFence said:

I know of lots of people in my company who have done exactly the thing you are suggesting.

Whilst it shows a distinct lack of trustworthiness and moral conscious, there currently is little that can be done about it.

There is frequently talk of it being an issue when you come to apply for citizenship, but the evidence I see is that it isn't the case yet. Maybe it will change, who knows, it's a chance you will have to take.

I have a lot of sympathy with people who get out here with every intention of living in the state that sponsored them but after 6 months still can't find work and so have to move, I don't really have a lot of good to say about people that use the generosity of a state to move to AUS with absolutely no intention of working/living in that state.

Its selfish, it takes away a worker from a state that thinks it needs that immigrant and it takes away a chance for migration from a person that would love to work in that state.

However - it's perfectly legal, so it's a permissible option

• Like 1