Checklist?

Maths_Teacher

On 01/09/2022 at 01:15, Maths_Teacher said:

Guys I get what you’re saying about buying/renting, but we can only move where the jobs are for my partner and that’s around the CBD. I’m not going to make her have a 2 hour commute both ways, it’s not reasonable and against why we’re moving out there. 

Yes but there are loads of places in Sydney that are cheaper than that, Petersham, Leichhardt and marrickville are all areas you can get a one bed for under $500 p/w

Why pay for a two-bed for what will most likely only be a short term thing while you work out the suburb you want.

We rented a place for $470 - we are about to buy for around $2m - but why pay someone else for their 2 bed when you can save the cash and use it yourself 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Ausvisitor said:

Yes but there are loads of places in Sydney that are cheaper than that, Petersham, Leichhardt and marrickville are all areas you can get a one bed for under $500 p/w

Why pay for a two-bed for what will most likely only be a short term thing while you work out the suburb you want.

They did say they are going to be long-term renters as they don't have a deposit. Also they have a dog

17 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

They did say they are going to be long-term renters as they don't have a deposit. Also they have a dog

True but even so, I'd not want to be committed to basically $50k a year to find out I'd made a huge suburb mistake.

Keep it cheap year one, decide where to live, then look for the long term solution, you might even find after a year in a smaller place than you are used to that you actually like it