Self employed/ umbrella company

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience trying to get a skill assessment for work experience completed using an umbrella company?

Basically I have 5 years experience contracting within the financial sector in the UK on various projects. However I have always operated through an umbrella company rather than opening up a limited company.

If I have all contracts and evidence of projects I have worked on over the years will this be sufficient evidence to provide to the skills assessing authority? 

Thanks 

Karl 

3 hours ago, Wannabe Aussie said:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience trying to get a skill assessment for work experience completed using an umbrella company?

Basically I have 5 years experience contracting within the financial sector in the UK on various projects. However I have always operated through an umbrella company rather than opening up a limited company.

If I have all contracts and evidence of projects I have worked on over the years will this be sufficient evidence to provide to the skills assessing authority? 

Thanks 

Karl 

I had similar, although mine was my own company.

Your tax returns are useful as they prove you have been employed and the tax you've paid.

However the umbrella reference will almost certainly not be enough as they won't be able to comment on your role and daily activities 

You will need (as I did) documentation from key personnel in each contract role or if all else fails a signed affidavit.

12 hours ago, Wannabe Aussie said:

Basically I have 5 years experience contracting within the financial sector in the UK on various projects. 

It will depend on what you actually did and whether that occupation/skill is in demand. How the skills assessing authority looks at the paperwork will depend on what the occupation is.