australian travel adapters!

Guest waliam

Guest austibeach

Well we bought travel adaptors for Australia.......in Australia, but should you wish to have one or two before you go there, then look no further than ebay, there are quite a lot available for sale on there.

Eric.

p.s. if you don't have an ebay account, I'm sure you know someone that has.

Guest sazzle76
Any idea where I can buy travel adapters for australia? Thanks

Hi waliam.

i got a world wide adapter from the local pound shop. boots have them (dearer) and if there is an instore near you they sell them for £1.50

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to go a little off-topic here, but I thought I'd read a thread a few days ago that suggested it is necessary to have all your electrical plugs re-fitted by an Australian-approved electrician and if you don't, your appliances are not covered by insurance if they blow up...wish I'd taken more notice of the thread at the time:embarrassed:but could someone put me right on this?

Hubby will laugh out loud if I suggest he can't change a plug:biglaugh:

Many thanks

Sue xx

Sorry to go a little off-topic here, but I thought I'd read a thread a few days ago that suggested it is necessary to have all your electrical plugs re-fitted by an Australian-approved electrician and if you don't, your appliances are not covered by insurance if they blow up...wish I'd taken more notice of the thread at the time:embarrassed:but could someone put me right on this?

Hubby will laugh out loud if I suggest he can't change a plug:biglaugh:

Many thanks

Sue xx

God Sue you are sensible.

Guest Pinhead

I've seen it posted here a number of times that plugs can only be changed by qualified electricians so you weren't imagining it.

Guest Jaynie

I don't know why you can't change the plugs over, we did, (many years ago) but they don't have an earth wire like the UK ones do, we have switches that are connected to the main power board and it stops you from blowing up! I know this cos Hubbie wired up something and did it wrong and all the power went off!! lol

I don't know why you can't change the plugs over, we did, (many years ago) but they don't have an earth wire like the UK ones do, we have switches that are connected to the main power board and it stops you from blowing up! I know this cos Hubbie wired up something and did it wrong and all the power went off!! lol

Bet he loved that !

Good news, don't want OH to end up like this...

Electrocuted2.JPG

Guest Jaynie
Bet he loved that !

Yes but the punchline is this..........He never connected the Dots, so switched the power back on and replugged in the appliance and it went off again! lol We were living with his Brother at the time so he got slated by everyone, it was pretty funny actually, thank goodness for the over-ride on the mains box is all I can say!:yes::yes:

Not sure what the deal is with insurance but I do know that just anyone can't change a plug in Australia - stupid, hey! My OH is an aircraft electrician - and even he wouldn't be allowed to change a plug out there. Ridiculous ain't the word! The shipping co. we're using advised us to buy loads of UK 4-way plug-gangs to minimise the amount of adaptors you have to buy.

Archived