Child 101 payment

Djwbru

We have a 189 and sponsoring a 17 year old. When paying do I do it through my immi account or does the 17 year old crest his own? 

If I pay through mine do I have to select “additional applicant”? 

If anyone can clarify it would be hugely appreciated!! 

do I do it through my immi account or does the 17 year old crest his own? 

Neither.

Where the welfare of a child is involved, it might pay you to consult one of the registered migration agents who posts on this forum for a case assessment.

• 2 months later...

Hi OP,

Sorry to jump on your thread with an incredibly random question, I’ve been looking for info on whether maternity leave is deducted from skilled work experience, and I came across an older thread of yours where you mentioned this being the situation for you. I wondered what the result was for you in the end? I can see you hold a 189, was this awarded with the inclusion of your mat leave time, or did you resubmit an EoI with reduced experience points?

Anything you can share would be much appreciated, cheers!

6 minutes ago, Cobs_Ahoy said:

Hi OP,

Sorry to jump on your thread with an incredibly random question, I’ve been looking for info on whether maternity leave is deducted from skilled work experience, and I came across an older thread of yours where you mentioned this being the situation for you. I wondered what the result was for you in the end? I can see you hold a 189, was this awarded with the inclusion of your mat leave time, or did you resubmit an EoI with reduced experience points?

Anything you can share would be much appreciated, cheers!

Hi,

Oh this was a while ago now, but I believe I didn’t deduct it from my experience points. I think it came to the conclusion I was still in employement and in my line of work I did attend KIP (keep in touch) days throughout my maternity leave and still had to maintain CPD etc. Not sure where a I got the advice for that conclusion from. I did get a lot of advice from a migrant agent during the application process for things like this so it may have been confirmed that way. From memory though I think I was fortunate enough that deducting my maternity wouldn’t have changed my points anyway. 

Sorry I can’t be of much help, it was a while ago now. I do remember so many little things like this popping up which aren’t always clear cut. I’d recommend gathering a bunch of questions and talking to an agent to get answers just to be sure. 

Good luck with it all! 

• Thanks 1

Hi @Cobs_Ahoy. Not sure if your still look for an answer to your question re: Mat leave, but yes the time is deducted from your time spent in employment. My mat leave amounted to a year so I had a year take off my total years work experience (if that makes sense🙈). how you getting on with your application. 🦋