Applying SC804 with 8558 condition

VikramM

Hi Experts, 

Would be a great help if you could clarify below - 

My parents have entered Australia on e600 visitor visa with condition 

8558- Maximum 12 months stay in 18 months.

Does 8558 condition on their visitor visa stops them from applying SC804 Aged parents visa ?

Thanks heaps in advance! 

• 5 months later...

Hello. My parents have condition "8558 - Maximum 12 months stay in 18 months" on their visa-600 (multiple entry & valid for 3 years). They applied for visa 804 (aged parent) and have got a bridging visa with condition "This bridging visa is not in effect because your Visitor visa is currently in effect.". Will the bridging visa activate if they stay longer than 12 months? Or will they need to exit and re-enter Australia for next 3 years? They're dependent and all their children are now in Australia as residents/citizens. 

2 hours ago, Desere said:

Hello. My parents have condition "8558 - Maximum 12 months stay in 18 months" on their visa-600 (multiple entry & valid for 3 years). They applied for visa 804 (aged parent) and have got a bridging visa with condition "This bridging visa is not in effect because your Visitor visa is currently in effect.". Will the bridging visa activate if they stay longer than 12 months? Or will they need to exit and re-enter Australia for next 3 years? They're dependent and all their children are now in Australia as residents/citizens. 

There's not enough information here to provide an accurate answer - it would make sense to seek a short professional consultation to make sure the issues are fully understood and you do not inadvertently create problems.

• Like 2