Help with citizenship application

Hartley

I became a pr in 2015, but have been back to Uk several times.  My husband and I came over 30/12/19 and couldn’t get back to Uk. Unfortunately my husband passed away 7/03/22 and I am still in Oz.  Can you suggest somebody that can lead me through the citizenship timeframe etc. Rita

1 hour ago, Hartley said:

I became a pr in 2015, but have been back to Uk several times.  My husband and I came over 30/12/19 and couldn’t get back to Uk. Unfortunately my husband passed away 7/03/22 and I am still in Oz.  Can you suggest somebody that can lead me through the citizenship timeframe etc. Rita

My condolences. 

To get citizenship, you need to meet the "residency requirements".  These are:

When you apply you must have been living in Australia on a valid visa for the past 4 years, with no more than 12 months'absence from Australia in total during that time.  

Bear in mind that once you're eligible to apply, you then have to stay in Australia while it's approved and until you have your ceremony (you're not a citizen until you've done the ceremony). That takes several more months.

Is there a reason why you feel you need citizenship right now?  

Edited by Marisawright

6 hours ago, Hartley said:

This link should help explain the citizenship process, what is involved ,cost etc - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/become-a-citizen/permanent-resident

It can take a while to get throught the whole process including the ceremony, so if you need to leave the country quickly just for a short time you should be able to apply for a Resident Return Visa.

I hope this helps

Cal x

• 4 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Hartley said:

Thanks Cal. Are there any agents in Sydney that you can recommend 

You shouldn't need an agent to help you through it, because you either qualify or you don't.  However you can use any agent, they can do it all over the phone.   Try Suncoast Migration.