Returning back to Australia

Geordie girl

Hi everyone,

I moved to England in December 2015 and brought my gorgeous dog - a toy poodle with us.  We paid about $3000 to bring him with us.

It looks like i'll be returning to Australia in May and can't imagine leaving him behind. We have looked at a couple of pet companies however we have been quoted over £4000 - WOW

I know i shouldn't put a price on him but OMG that's almost 8k dollars which in total will be about 11k spent on jet setting him back too and fro.

I appreciate that he will need to go into quarantine in Melbourne but t still seems so much.

Has anyone transported their pet recently to Australia? and if so, who did you use and what was the cost please.

Many thanks

They will all cost about the same, I'm afraid.  Pets always cost far more to fly than humans.   Also, it's unlikely you'll be able to fly him over in May, because I'd be surprised if there are any quarantine spaces available.  Last time Petair posted here, they said quarantine was booked up for many months ahead.   You also need to think about his rabies shots etc?

Very difficult situation, best of luck with it.

Edited by Marisawright

You have two options here, and only you know which one is right.  If you cannot imagine rehoming your dog you just have to accept the cost is what it is.  It is a huge amount of money, but consider what else you would do with it - a holiday probably costs that right now, so skip a holiday and you have your dog with you.

• Like 3