The Risk Of A 489 Holder Leaving Australia?

JetBlast

As many of you will probably know, 489 holders have been unable to travel in and out of Australia for quite a long time. Since December 488 holders can cross the border.

I am a 489 holder, waiting for my 887 to be granted. I am in a full time job and De facto relationship with an Australian Citizen - my entire life is here. If I was to leave Australia for a few weeks and the COVID circumstances change and they close the borders am I likely to be stuck on the wrong side with no path back.

I know nobody has a crystal ball, but input would be appreciated.

Thanks

1 minute ago, Marisawright said:

It’s disgusting the way they have treated 489 holders. As you say, most would have their whole life here. I guess given their past record on this, you can’t trust ‘em

I hate the uncertainty. What makes it worse is that 887 applicants who are overseas have their visa grants in a couple of months. Meanwhile, the people who are onshore, contributing to society (I am also in a critical sector) are left not knowing what to do. This also has an impact on my Australian partner who is getting caught in the "crossfire".

Rant over 😊

• Like 1