Help

sarah66

Hi, 

so I am from UK and living in UK, I have done my level 2 teaching assistant qualification and I am studying my level 3 currently. I have been in touch with educate in Australia for some information on me coming to studying in Australia. 
question? Would my level 2 and once I pass my level 3 be ok for me to come to Oz? 

Be very, very, VERY careful about talking to education agencies.   The universities and colleges pay them to recruit students, and those fees are all they care about. They just want to sign you up, even if it's not the right course for you and won't get you what you want.   They may not be outright con artists, but the bottom line is that they're being hired to look after the colleges, not you.   If you end up spending your life savings and end up having to go home anyway, that's no skin off their nose and you have no comeback.

If your goal is to migrate to Australia, talk to a good migration agent, not an education agent.   Try Suncoast Migration or Go Matilda. They will tell you what qualifications you need and what your chances are.  

Once you've worked out what qualifications you need, then do your sums,  Work out how much it will cost to get qualified in the UK and then compare that to how much it will cost to get qualfiied in Australia.  Then, if Australian study makes sense (which it may not) you can contact the universities/colleges yourself.

Unless you have very deep pockets, studying in Australia is likely to be just a money black hole for you and you'll end up going home at the end of it anyway.  Better to get qualified in UK - though teaching assistants are probably not going to be a great career option for migration I would have thought nor as a paid job once you get here either. Talk to an agent for your best strategy if your aim is staying permanently. 

• Like 2

Whatever profession u are in or u want to study. First checkout how to get skills assessment for that when u finish studies and also confirm whether it falls in Oz Skills list. Worth looking at how many points u will gain after  doing all this and how many points needed. They will help in selecting where to study etc to gain points. Then only decide to pursue further.

Edited by WelderGuy5