[HELP] 491 VISA - Working Online From Adelaide for Sydney Company

ezaa

Hi All,

I want an answer about my 491 visa condition.

I live, eat, and work in Adelaide, and there are opportunities to work online for a Sydney company.

I will be working physically in my home in Adelaide (Working online) with Sydney company.

If I accept the offer and work for a company in Sydney, am I breaching the conditions for the 491 Visa by not working in a regional area?

Thanks so much

Ezaa

Just now, JetBlast said:

I know someone who did this on a 489 visa. They were granted an 887 PR visa without any issues.

Thanks for your information.

I am dealing with some migration agents, and most of them are not sure.

I am trying to contact DHA directly, but there is no medium on how to get them.

3 hours ago, JetBlast said:

I know someone who did this on a 489 visa. They were granted an 887 PR visa without any issues.

However, a 491 is not a 489 so take care with such assumptions. 

3 hours ago, ezaa said:

I am dealing with some migration agents, and most of them are not sure.

… which tells you this is not a simple black and white question … I suggest you properly hire one agent and you may get more detailed and bespoke advice. No one is yet eligible for a 191 and therefore no one has tested the Department’s interpretation of the regional work condition yet. Your scenario is not specifically covered in existing policy. 

3 hours ago, ezaa said:

I am trying to contact DHA directly, but there is no medium on how to get them.

I strongly caution you not to rely on the advice from the Department’s ‘helpline’ - they are not qualified to answer anything but the most basic of questions (and sometimes get even these wrong). 

15 hours ago, paulhand said:

… which tells you this is not a simple black and white question … I suggest you properly hire one agent and you may get more detailed and bespoke advice. No one is yet eligible for a 191 and therefore no one has tested the Department’s interpretation of the regional work condition yet. Your scenario is not specifically covered in existing policy. 

18 hours ago, ezaa said:

Do you have recommended agents?