Health Undertaking when Pregnant on 309

psuwara

Hello,

We have been asked to perform a health undertaking (For TB), however my wife is pregnant, so cannot do the x-ray. 

Has anyone had this happen? Were you able to reschedule for after birth?

309 has been granted, we are in Australia. My wife became pregnant before we arrived in Australia.

Edited by psuwara

Congratulations to you both.

I can’t help re the pregnancy issue for health undertaking, but, my partner also had to do one (and we knew for sure he didn’t have TB). It was a number of years ago, however, from our experience…… we had to make appt at the chest clinic we were told to use, at appt he saw Dr and had yet another chest X-ray and sputum test (he refused sputum test, as there wasn’t anything to cough up, yuk) I think they also did a mantou test ( little forearm test, to test for reaction, although we have been vaccinated so a bit pointless). However, you do get the opportunity to see Dr and discuss your situation, so you will have done what Immigration request and your Dr can then work out the best way forward for you.

Interestingly I also had to do the same TB check thing for a job in health at same clinic. I actually refused the X-ray because I had just had radiotherapy to my chest and wasn’t letting them do anymore, wasn’t a problem and didn’t fail me.

So do what they ask, tell them when you make appt and go with the flow. Enjoy your pregnancy and peace while it lasts 😉