Visa application advice

MowglieHorn

Hello I'm new to this chat forum, just looking for some advice if I may?? We currently live in Edinburgh scotland and are looking to immigrate to Brisbane Australia in 2023.... Any advice in regards to how to begin the application and what kind of visa to apply for would be Grantley appreciated. I'm currently a 40 year old, charge nurse in a private care home with 3 years nursing experience, my wife is a 42 year old, HGV driver with 18+ years experience I. The haulage trade. We have 2 cats and are looking to possibly buy a property in Australia. So with the above information what advice can we get please?? 

1 hour ago, MowglieHorn said:

We currently live in Edinburgh scotland and are looking to immigrate to Brisbane Australia in 2023.... I'm currently a 40 year old, charge nurse in a private care home with 3 years nursing experience, my wife is a 42 year old, HGV driver.....

Unfortunately, migrating is very competitive.  Thousands apply every year and only a few hundred are chosen.  It's all based on a points score.   Only the people with the highest points get picked.  You must score at least 65 points to be allowed to apply, but you'll need a LOT more points than that, to stand a chance of being picked. 

The problem for you is that part of the points score is age.  The younger you are, the more points you get.  So being over 40, you're already behind.   

The best thing to do is book a consultation with someone like Paul Hand (who replied to your post).  He can work out your points score and tell you honestly what your chances are.  

• Thanks 1

Employer sponsored visas are not points tested and, from what you posted,  you might qualify to apply in one of the occupations on the priority skilled occupation list. This might open a way forward for you. May I suggest that you take Paul's advice?

• Thanks 1