Help with Form 80 for 189 visa

Hi all,

Sorry to be yet another person requesting assistance with Form 80 but there are a few questions that I'm struggling to answer and it's more not knowing the quirks of the form and how the questions need to be answered that I was hoping for some assistance with. I'm currently in Australia on a Temporary Skill Shortage visa (subclass 482) and have been sponsored by my current employer. My main concern is that some of the dates for my previous addresses (of which there are thirteen) on my 189 visa application are different than the dates I have inputted for my current 482 visa – but only by a few days or a week or two at most.

Q

25: What is your main reason for remaining in Australia?
A friend who is now a citizen simply wrote "work" in this box, and I've seen other people online commenting that they have listed their reason as emigration under the permanent residency visa they are applying for. I was going to write something about wanting to continue my professional development in my current and subsequent job roles here in Australia and that I also want to maintain my current social ties here.

Q34: Are you currently in Australia?
Q35: Have you been to Australia before?
I am currently in Australia on a 482 TSS visa and have been here twice previously under different visas. These visas have all been issued online while I was in my country of birth. Do I list that country here or 'online'?

Q37: Have you undertaken any military service?
Next to "No", there's a box asking me to give reasons. I was just going to write that military service is not compulsory in my home country and that it did not fit with my career plans – is this suitable?

Q49: Are you being sponsored by, or associated with, a business or organisation in Australia?
I am currently sponsored by my employer under my current visa – but as this form is being filled out for visa 189, no sponsor is required. Do I answer yes or no to this question?

Many thanks in advance for your help and advice!

36 minutes ago, nothingtoofar said:

My main concern is that some of the dates for my previous addresses (of which there are thirteen) on my 189 visa application are different than the dates I have inputted for my current 482 visa – but only by a few days or a week or two at most.

They only ask for moth and years so you should be ok?

25: What is your main reason for remaining in Australia?
A friend who is now a citizen simply wrote "work" in this box, and I've seen other people online commenting that they have listed their reason as emigration under the permanent residency visa they are applying for. I was going to write something about wanting to continue my professional development in my current and subsequent job roles here in Australia and that I also want to maintain my current social ties here.

I wrote "skilled migration"

Q34: Are you currently in Australia?
Q35: Have you been to Australia before?
I am currently in Australia on a 482 TSS visa and have been here twice previously under different visas. These visas have all been issued online while I was in my country of birth. Do I list that country here or 'online'?

I stated "online"

Q37: Have you undertaken any military service?
Next to "No", there's a box asking me to give reasons. I was just going to write that military service is not compulsory in my home country and that it did not fit with my career plans – is this suitable?

I am doing the form 80 for the second time. First time was a few years ago. The first time I didn't it didn't ask for a reason, they have since changed the form. I also found it odd that it wants an explanation.  I have given the same reasons as you.

Q49: Are you being sponsored by, or associated with, a business or organisation in Australia?
I am currently sponsored by my employer under my current visa – but as this form is being filled out for visa 189, no sponsor is required. Do I answer yes or no to this question?

This I am not sure on. But I would agree. The form 80 you are filling out is in reference to your 189 application so I would mark this is as no. However I think someone else should confirm / deny this.

Edited by JetBlast
  • Like 1

Just now, nothingtoofar said:

Thanks for the response! The applications both asked for exact dates for previous addresses, but Form 80 just wants months. Everything else seems to be just months and years.

Oh I see. Why aren't the dates the same. Did you make a mistake? If so, I would put the most accurate dates on your 189 and if queried explain you made an error.

1 minute ago, JetBlast said:

Oh I see. Why aren't the dates the same. Did you make a mistake? If so, I would put the most accurate dates on your 189 and if queried explain you made an error.

I never kept a record of when I moved to each address and there's a bit of overlap for most of them anyway as I would have been moving from one place to another over a period of a few days. The addresses with different dates are all places I was living in while I was at university.

You need to be as accurate as you can, and be ready to explain if asked why they differ. If the reason is as you say (overlaps) I can't see there being an issue.

Otherwise this problem persists into a future citizenship or other application.

The main reason for asking for the residence dates at certain addresses is to calculate which countries you will need to submit police certificates for. As you need to do this for any country that you have lived in for 12 months (in total) over the last 10 years.

So a student residence in France that you state was 364 days and not a full year will be looked at more carefully than a house in the UK where you said you lived for 1 yr, 1 month and 3 days whereas in fact it was 1yr, 1 month and 9 days (as either way that would require the police checks)

1 minute ago, Ausvisitor said:

You need to be as accurate as you can, and be ready to explain if asked why they differ. If the reason is as you say (overlaps) I can't see there being an issue.

Otherwise this problem persists into a future citizenship or other application.

The main reason for asking for the residence dates at certain addresses is to calculate which countries you will need to submit police certificates for. As you need to do this for any country that you have lived in for 12 months (in total) over the last 10 years.

So a student residence in France that you state was 364 days and not a full year will be looked at more carefully than a house in the UK where you said you lived for 1 yr, 1 month and 3 days whereas in fact it was 1yr, 1 month and 9 days (as either way that would require the police checks)

All of the involved addresses are in the same country so hopefully the slight error won't be too harshly looked upon if police certificates are the only reason they are needed. I've already submitted all required police checks.