Return Resident Visa

Gharry

Just wondering if anyone has been granted a return resident visa recently and how long it took after application. My husband applied for his a couple of months ago and even though I’m confident he will receive it (Australian wife & Australian children) I’m not sure what the timeline is for these types of visas. Last time he applied it only took a week! But with a lot to sort out I would be interested in other peoples recent experience. He has only been to Australia for a holiday in the last 5 years so doesn’t meet the super speedy 2yr criteria.

20 minutes ago, Gharry said:

Just wondering if anyone has been granted a return resident visa recently and how long it took after application. My husband applied for his a couple of months ago and even though I’m confident he will receive it (Australian wife & Australian children) I’m not sure what the timeline is for these types of visas. Last time he applied it only took a week! But with a lot to sort out I would be interested in other peoples recent experience. He has only been to Australia for a holiday in the last 5 years so doesn’t meet the super speedy 2yr criteria.

For people who meet the criteria (2 years out of 5), the grant is automatic and takes about a week.  For people who don't, it can take several months.