English test.

Gene

Hi all,

What are the general requirements for the English language  test for skilled trade? 

Are their any practice papers or is it just straight forward or am i just thinking way to much into this as i have  been told i will need to score 20. 

apologies if this has been mentioned i'm just trying to get this completed before i push on with my visa application.   

2 hours ago, Gene said:

Hi all,

What are the general requirements for the English language  test for skilled trade? 

Are their any practice papers or is it just straight forward or am i just thinking way to much into this as i have  been told i will need to score 20. 

apologies if this has been mentioned i'm just trying to get this completed before i push on with my visa application.   

Is it the Ielts that you are doing?

You will find practice papers online, definitely revise so that you know how to go about the exam.

This is in no way a gimme.

9 hours ago, Gene said:

Hi all,

Many native speakers do badly unless they prepare properly. As Lavers says - don’t take it for granted, particularly if you need the points for superior English. 

• Like 1

I passed the PTE easily, but I took the IELTS first time and didn't get the required mark for 20 points.

This is despite living in the UK for nearly 40 years and having a master's degree in English so it certainly isn't a "gimme"

That said I assumed I would breeze it so did no prep for the IELTS test