Uk trade certificate’s

Waldo

Hi,

in the uk I hold my temporary works coordinator ticket, my CSCS card in scaffolding and my IOSH managing safely.

is any of those certificates recognised in Australia?

and can I do my white card over in the UK before I arrive in Oz?

Thanks in advance 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I am pretty sure a UK CSCS card is the same as a White Card here, last i was aware you had to be in Aus to apply for it.

The IOSH cert i think is valid here - 

They are internationally recognised health and safety certificates relevant to working life and based on best practice. IOSH is the world's largest professional health and safety membership organisation with an increase in members across Australia.

but worth checking with someone like this - https://www.astutisinternational.com/australia/iosh-courses.html

Cal x

On 11/06/2021 at 21:25, calNgary said:

I am pretty sure a UK CSCS card is the same as a White Card here, last i was aware you had to be in Aus to apply for it.

The IOSH cert i think is valid here - 

They are internationally recognised health and safety certificates relevant to working life and based on best practice. IOSH is the world's largest professional health and safety membership organisation with an increase in members across Australia.

but worth checking with someone like this - https://www.astutisinternational.com/australia/iosh-courses.html

Cal x

I did mine on line in uk before arriving in Australia , was good To go when I got here. 

Blue dog training 

• Like 1

In regard to uk qualifications 

if you are happy to work for somebody you will be ok if they know you are uk qualified Carpenter / joiner if you wish to go out in your own , you will need to get licensed to carry out any work over 5k and with cost of Materials it’s very easy. 

I did an intensive 9 week course through Master builders  ( Friday/ Sunday) over 9 weeks all up with time off work , hotel, travel down to sydney etc 18k to get equivalent to get licensed. 
hope this helps