Parent 143 visa balance of family test

Chris!

Hi I’m just wondering if anyone has come across my query. I am one of three children I am a Australian citizen and my brother is also an Australian citizen my other sibling still lives in the UK however looking at bringing my parents to live in Australia on s 143 contributory visa however my brother won’t provide his evidence of his citizenship( which he does have) is there a way of obtaining this so we can proceed with the visa? Or are we tied to this and unable to proceed 

Thanks 

9 minutes ago, Chris! said:

Hi I’m just wondering if anyone has come across my query. I am one of three children I am a Australian citizen and my brother is also an Australian citizen my other sibling still lives in the UK however looking at bringing my parents to live in Australia on s 143 contributory visa however my brother won’t provide his evidence of his citizenship( which he does have) is there a way of obtaining this so we can proceed with the visa? Or are we tied to this and unable to proceed 

I can't help with your query, but are you aware that if you apply today, the waiting time for the 143 visa is at least 8 years?

I’m sure ali is right.  His passport would probably be enough because at least it would show he has PR as a minimum.  At some point immigration will need evidence that you are both residing there as well.  I did my application four years ago but from memory I think I had to include birth certificates too as I guess they need proof you and your brother are the children of those named in the application.  I think it will be a real struggle if he’s not on board.  You mentioned you’re aware there is a few years wait for this visa. If applying now it will be about a 10 year wait.  I’m wondering if they can apply now without supplying the documents as long as they are available when the case officer picks it up which is very near the end. At least that gets them in the queue and they’ll have to hope over those years things change with your brother.  They risk loosing their money if it doesn’t but the first instalment is a much smaller amount although by no means tiny.  A few thousand each I think. That may be the only option right now but again, it could be those documents need to be supplied at the initial time of application, that I’m not sure about. 

Edited by Tulip1

Hi Everyone, 

My brother has completed Form 40 'Sponsorship for migration to Australia' for our parent's 143 Visa.

My brother's wife has signed 'Part M – Your partner’s approval'

Would my brother be able to also be the Sponsor of his wife's parents if they decide to apply for the 143 Visa in the future (ie. maybe after 10 years, once our parents visa gets processed)?