Motor Mechanics Needed

Graham Fletcher

1 hour ago, Graham Fletcher said:

Yes it is. Social worker was added in November. I realise you are, for some reason, being negative as you obviously think I am trying to con people but I am not. My immigration agents are a national company and, quite honestly, I will take their advice rather than yours thanks

I think it is absolutely brilliant that you have put this on here. There are so many people posting saying "I want to move to Australia" and it is going to be so hard for them to accomplish it so some brighter threads are a great change. Hope this one ends with some jobs!

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, DrDougster said:

I think it is absolutely brilliant that you have put this on here. There are so many people posting saying "I want to move to Australia" and it is going to be so hard for them to accomplish it so some brighter threads are a great change. Hope this one ends with some jobs!

Thanks. As a migrant myself I obviously know a bit about the process and how difficult and also how scary it can all be. I was very lucky, an Accountant who was married to a Midwife. But it is a massive life change and having a job to go to is one less thing to worry about. I am the only former Englishman in the town where I live so if I can bring someone over and help them acclimate with my own experience I am happy to. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Graham Fletcher said:

Thanks. As a migrant myself I obviously know a bit about the process and how difficult and also how scary it can all be. I was very lucky, an Accountant who was married to a Midwife. But it is a massive life change and having a job to go to is one less thing to worry about. I am the only former Englishman in the town where I live so if I can bring someone over and help them acclimate with my own experience I am happy to. 

We were very lucky with the last of the 457s that covered our cost and last year getting PR very quickly with the COVID response. I really feel for the people who post their dreams on here and are met with doom and gloom!

Just read that - the 457 no where near covered our cost! But, it helped.

Edited by DrDougster
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, DrDougster said:

We were very lucky with the last of the 457s that covered our cost and last year getting PR very quickly with the COVID response. I really feel for the people who post their dreams on here and are met with doom and gloom!

Just read that - the 457 no where near covered our cost! But, it helped.

We came straight in on PR, it was 1750 pounds in 2004, no idea what it is now!

We have employed several 457's previously, most are now PR's - living the dream! hahaha

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Graham new to this, I’m hoping to see if anyone has recently done the technical interview for motor mechanic and can give me some pointers as to how it went and what type of questions were asked? is this something you can give me advice on? 

Hi Graham,

I am a mechanic from the UK. I recently passed the skills assessment level 3 light vehicle mechanic with vetasses. I have submitted an EOI but only Tasmania is available at the moment. I'm very interested in your comments about mechanics being needed in QLD. What part are your companies based?

On 21/01/2021 at 04:39, Graham Fletcher said:

The motor industry is crying out for car and truck mechanics in Australia, particularly outside of the major cities. I have 5 vacancies across my two dealerships in rural north NSW/ south Queensland.

We are even offering sponsorships for up to 4 years (we pay for the visa!!!)

Drop me a line for more details

I’m a motor mechanic of over 10 years cars and light vehicles have my skills already assessed looking to go on a 491 visa for regional nsw. I’ll give you a direct message if you’re interested 

Hi Graham,

I am a light motor mechanic currently in the UK with a positive Australian skills assessment.  I’m interested in hearing more details about what you have to offer.

An error message comes up unfortunately when trying to DM. 

Be great to hear from you if you’re still looking to speak with people.

Regards,

Jon.

On 12/02/2021 at 13:51, Bazzer09 said:

Hi Graham new to this, I’m hoping to see if anyone has recently done the technical interview for motor mechanic and can give me some pointers as to how it went and what type of questions were asked? is this something you can give me advice on? 

sorry Bazzer, not something I've had to do. Maybe BrazilianPom86 can help, her partner's already here!

1 hour ago, StuartBolton said:

Hi Graham,

I am a mechanic from the UK. I recently passed the skills assessment level 3 light vehicle mechanic with vetasses. I have submitted an EOI but only Tasmania is available at the moment. I'm very interested in your comments about mechanics being needed in QLD. What part are your companies based?

We are rural dealers either side of the NSQ/QLD border - about 4 and half hours drive out of Brisbane. It's all farming country out here so great for a quiet life, not so much fun if you are looking for beaches and partying!

32 minutes ago, Jon French said:

Hi Graham,

I am a light motor mechanic currently in the UK with a positive Australian skills assessment.  I’m interested in hearing more details about what you have to offer.

An error message comes up unfortunately when trying to DM. 

Be great to hear from you if you’re still looking to speak with people.

Regards,

Jon.

Absolutely Jon. We have two dealerships either side of the NSW/QLD border. Small rural towns with Toyota, Ford and Nissan franchises. We are looking for people to come out for 4 years under sponsorship and add some skills. The biggest problem is that people always want to migrate to the big cities, Brisbane, Sydney etc... they rarely have any interest in rural life. Unfortunately it's hard to compete with the Gold Coast!

We have 5 people currently on staff under sponsorships, most are looking to get permanent residency over the next couple of years. We are lucky in that we are still seeing Mechanics getting in on sponsorships despite not being on the list, we just have to do an application for each individual.

I will try to send you my work email so we can correspond directly

2 minutes ago, Graham Fletcher said:

Absolutely Jon. We have two dealerships either side of the NSW/QLD border. Small rural towns with Toyota, Ford and Nissan franchises. We are looking for people to come out for 4 years under sponsorship and add some skills. The biggest problem is that people always want to migrate to the big cities, Brisbane, Sydney etc... they rarely have any interest in rural life. Unfortunately it's hard to compete with the Gold Coast!

We have 5 people currently on staff under sponsorships, most are looking to get permanent residency over the next couple of years. We are lucky in that we are still seeing Mechanics getting in on sponsorships despite not being on the list, we just have to do an application for each individual.

I just put your post on my immigration page. You should be flooded with people from the UK soon enough. Hope this all works out for everyone!

Just now, Graham Fletcher said:

thanks Domo

A local dealer just brought in 5 people from Sri Lanka - they just don't have the same mechanical skill level as the UK and Europe!

Let me know If you hear of anyone needing a carpenter for critical infrastructure in NSW. I've been waiting for my NSW 190 grant for +12 months now, and I could potentially facilitate the visa processing if I find some work in the mines or a hospital. Thanks!

1 minute ago, Domo said:

Let me know If you hear of anyone needing a carpenter for critical infrastructure in NSW. I've been waiting for my NSW 190 grant for +12 months now, and I could potentially facilitate the visa processing if I find some work in the mines or a hospital. Thanks!

that's a bit tougher at the moment I think - a fairly big Brisbane building company just announced closure yesterday. Whilst we are completely open, with the odd local lockdowns from paranoid state Premiers, the housing market is still pretty slow. Another 6 to 12 months and you should be seeing much more enthusiasm as the vaccine roll out works through the economy.

in the car business we had virtually no customers for a few months and then it took off big time, I can see the housing market going the same way

On 12/02/2021 at 03:51, Bazzer09 said:

Hi,

If you mean for the skills assessment?  It’s nothing to worry about.  All very basic questions/chat about day to day stuff basically backing up the knowledge you’ve already supplied them as part of your work based evidence.

Hope this helps,

Good luck

34 minutes ago, Graham Fletcher said:

Thanks mate, I’ll drop you a line.

On 12/02/2021 at 13:51, Bazzer09 said:

See the answer from Jon French mate, he's been there and done that