Unresponsive migration agent/timeline

aus1010

I've been using a migration agent, chosen by my employer, and from my perspective they seem to be very slow. I'm applying for a 186 visa, and these agents have been working on my application for more than 3 months but they still haven't even lodged my application with the government. I'm always replying to their emails right away, but it always takes them several days to reply to even the most basic email. I feel like I'd have been in a much better spot had I just skipped the migration agent and done the application myself.

Is this normal? For those of you who used migration agents, how long did it take them to lodge your application?

Thanks

1 hour ago, aus1010 said:

I've been using a migration agent, chosen by my employer, and from my perspective they seem to be very slow. I'm applying for a 186 visa...

Are you sure YOU've been using that agent?

The employer will engage an agent to work for them, to prepare their part of the application. If you've agreed to use the employer's agent and you're paying them, then you're entitled to feel aggrieved if they're not responding to you.   If you're just supplying them with the information the employer needs to get your visa, but they're not working for you, they're under no obligation to respond to you.  You are free to hire your own agent to deal with your side of things. 

You're right, it's my employers agent but they have also been chasing these agents to try to get things rolling. I'm not feeling aggrieved that they're not responding to me (or to my employer), but that they're failing to even lodge an application.

What I'm asking is whether or not 3+ months is a reasonable timeline, regardless of who is paying them, to lodge a straightforward TRTS application. 

10 hours ago, aus1010 said:

You're right, it's my employers agent but they have also been chasing these agents to try to get things rolling. I'm not feeling aggrieved that they're not responding to me (or to my employer), but that they're failing to even lodge an application.

What I'm asking is whether or not 3+ months is a reasonable timeline, regardless of who is paying them, to lodge a straightforward TRTS application. 

It depends on whether they are receiving all of the necessary documents and information from the employer for the nomination stage of the application.

It is not unusual for employers to be slow in providing all of the necessary documents for the nomination which causes delays with the associated visa. 

18 hours ago, aus1010 said:

I don't know what a reasonable timeframe is.  However, considering the complexity of the preparation the employer has to do, it doesn't sound unreasonable to me.