Residents return and child visa (101)

Lu1u

Hi Everyone!

My husband and I lived in Aus 2015-2019 on permanent resident visa 189.
We came back to the UK in 2019 and had a baby! But now we want to go back to Aus, so I had a few questions:

1: From what I read, it's easier to get a RRV sooner, rather than later?
2: Does the RRV require entry into Aus to validate (like for the 189?)

3: Does the child visa require entry into Aus within a year of being granted (like for the 189) 

4: Is child visa likely to be granted to 2 residents currently living outside Aus?

Thank you all!

xxx

28 minutes ago, Lu1u said:

Hi Everyone!

We came back to the UK in 2019 and had a baby! But now we want to go back to Aus, so I had a few questions:

3: Does the child visa require entry into Aus within a year of being granted (like for the 189) 

4: Is child visa likely to be granted to 2 residents currently living outside Aus?

Thank you all!

xxx

1. Better not to let your permanent visa expire before applying, but RRV is no issue if you have spent 2 years in last 5 in Australia

2. No

3 & 4 - better to get some professional advice based on the specifics of your situation

19 hours ago, Lu1u said:

Hi Everyone!

Thank you all!

xxx

Hi.

We are in pretty much the exact same situation. Me and my Mrs are pr. We have 2 daughters born in oz and are citizens. We had to rush back to the UK in 2018 due to family issues. A rash decision on my part. My Mrs was pregnant at the time and our son was born in the UK.

We renewed our pr whilst in the UK before they expired and got instantly approved. We have applied for the child 101 visa and are currently waiting for that. If covid never reared its ugly head. We might of been there by now. 

Gd luck let me know how u get on 

24 minutes ago, Chris 2020 oz said:

We are in pretty much the exact same situation. Me and my Mrs are pr. We have 2 daughters born in oz and are citizens. We had to rush back to the UK in 2018 due to family issues. ...We renewed our pr whilst in the UK before they expired and got instantly approved.

You're not in the same situation, because you applied for your RRS before it expired and you met all the residency requirements.  Whereas they have to get their RRV sorted first.