Hello all

PelHar

Hi All, we are new to the forum but not to the visa process we applied back in December 2017 with an acceptance of lodgement 11th. We opted to hire an Australian visa expert not sure if this was the right option but hey..We both know the applications have slowed down  and understand it’s a long old process, congratulations to all those who have been through this already. 

Having looked at the Auz gov web site today we can see the report is that new application could be in excess of 58 months, this TBH is where my mind is at the moment. 

if anyone has any information about where we can find out our queue place overall that would be appreciated or just any other info you have, this is the longest queue I’ve been in, currently even M&S has a shorter Q and that’s saying some thing. 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, PelHar said:

Hi All, we are new to the forum but not to the visa process we applied back in December 2017 with an acceptance of lodgement 11th. We opted to hire an Australian visa expert not sure if this was the right option but hey..We both know the applications have slowed down  and understand it’s a long old process, congratulations to all those who have been through this already. 

Having looked at the Auz gov web site today we can see the report is that new application could be in excess of 58 months, this TBH is where my mind is at the moment. 

if anyone has any information about where we can find out our queue place overall that would be appreciated or just any other info you have, this is the longest queue I’ve been in, currently even M&S has a shorter Q and that’s saying some thing. 

There are some queue calculators somewhere but I’d guess you still have about 3 years minimum before you get a case officer. I know in May/June 2017 there was an unexplained surge on applications and those two months alone clocked up over a years average of applications. Ignore what the immigration site says about timeframes, it is far longer than they quote. 

We applied November 2017, so similar timeframe to you.  If you look on GoMatilda’s website, click on the parent visa section and then the blogs, you will find the number of parent visas currently in train.  Judging by the numbers ahead of us, and factoring in the drop-out rate, we’re expecting to wait another four years.  In May/June of 2017 there were almost two years’ worth of applications lodged at the current allocation of 4,500 pa.   Patience is a virtue!!!

On 03/12/2020 at 15:24, PelHar said:

Love your sense of humour Pel 

• Like 1