Federal budget

31Hillbury

6 hours ago, 31Hillbury said:

Hi All,

I have seen some posts from various states that they have not received their visa budgets from the government yet.

Will this affect the rate at which grants are given? Or just invites ? 

Thanks

Eddie

Not sure I understand the question ... grants for people not yet invited or existing lodged applications?

2 minutes ago, 31Hillbury said:

Hi @paulhand

apologies, my question doesn’t read to well.

Grants for existing lodged applications, 

I was under the impression they were still granting from the interim budget not the new budget? if that makes sense? 

It does. 

They are granting from the current 2020-21 program year for applications already in the system. These are the numbers that were shared a while back ... reduction in skilled visas in favour of partner and investment streams. Once the states have nominated then it moves the Commonwealth targets, so the lack of quota for nominations just means that no/few new applications will be going into the pipeline. Hope that makes sense?

Yeah I think so,

We are waiting for a 190 visa grant (secondary school teacher, offshore) lodged on the 24th Jan. So our grant would go against the 2020/21 program year. 
Hoping we are not waiting too long, but understand the situation with the pandemic is slowing things down. 

Do you think there’s any chance of a grant this program year? 

thanks @paulhand

• Like 1

I think we will all be sorted after July 21 if I’m honest.

Have a look at this article; https://www.sbs.com.au/language/english/permanent-residency-shakeup-australia-drastically-cuts-general-skilled-migration-intake

If you scroll down to the skilled planning level table, it’s pretty stark; 21495  SC190 visas granted for 19/20 out of 24968.

for 20/21 it’s 11200, they have said they’re contesting in the priority list & onshore applications. Can you really see there being that many places left?

I think after July 21, things will change for the better all being well with the pandemic.

Hopefully that is not the case, by looks of it though things are starting move, albeit slow.

I note directions 87, order of processing favours pmsol, global talent ENS / covid. It also states that those already applied for will continue to be processed.

Onshore 190s have continued being processed in large numbers but again were mostly pmsol. Now for offshore between April to Aug there were 227 grants, but September there were 239 so that is a positive for sure and shows they are still processing. I have also seen recently a few occupations granted for that are not covid related.

As of end October there were 7.3k unprocessed 190 primary visa applicants, and 6.5k secondary applicants (3.5k being offshore). Both account towards the numbers. So with our allocation of 11,200 from October, we have around 14k unprocessed applicants (indicative) so some will get their grants this time around and yes, some not. Going through the foi, assuming critical skills are picked up and pre 2020 applicants are included in the numbers, people applying from May to October 2020 are about 5k o/s applicants. So should they process from oldest first, continuing with directions 87, applicants from Apr/May 2020 onwards are in the precarious position getting a grant before July 2021 and may just miss out. 

I believe those who applied 2019 and early 2020 will get out grants soon, and indications are pointing to this. 

Let's wait and see.

All the best all. 

Edited by Southlander
  • Like 1

I hope your right @Southlander

We submitted everything on the 24th Jan, police records and medicals carried out shortly after in either late February early march. Was hoping not to have to do them again 🤞🏼 
I knew it was going to be tight on the numbers,  especially  being offshore, but keeping our hopes up for sneaking through this year. 

hows your case going southlander? 

@31Hillbury

We are end of November, looking at different forums and posts people are now getting grants around both our times. Front loaded and medicals done shortly after. Time will tell should they need updated records, will do it begrudgingly. Our agent is sounding a lot more optimistic now as global processing times have stabilised and covid seems to be factored in.

I do think we will get them and if they process them accordingly we are well within the allocation. Tbh, if it wasn't for covid we both would have probably got our visas in the previous years numbers. But as always some seem to always carry on to the next year which will probably be the case for a few thousand of the applicants. Then the circus starts again for those people. 

At the moment we are both within the 10-13 months and could get them anytime. I am more optimistic than I was a couple months ago, but everyday truthfully is a struggle. Kids are enrolled in school on the GC but will miss out end the year there to settle down. 

Let's try stay positive, we are in the queue and this visa rat race is almost over for us. 

@Southlander

Same here, hopefully its an expense that can go towards flights and quarantine instead.

Yeah we should both be in the sun now with a cold beer in hand 😂

Its good to see the processing times have balanced out again, It was all over the place back in march. 

Its hard to keep on with life without thinking about it, both of us are more than ready to make the move which adds to the frustration.

We are heading to the gold coast when the time comes, fortunately i should be able to pick work up with a friend pretty much as soon as we get there.

The wife is a secondary school teacher and is looking forward to a break from teaching, its a demanding job made worse by the current pandemic.

What occupation do you guys have?

Ive managed to stay positive 95% of the time, hopefully it is soon over for us! 

🤞

We are pretty much in the same position as you guys, including qts 😉! We are also heading to the Gold Coast, couldn't think of a better place to live, queensland has so much beauty and the weather is so us. Beers by the bbq 😢, blue skies, amazing beaches, wildlife, theme parks, need we say more 😂   

Waiting for our visa, some days it's unbearable other days slightly less 😂 One thing for sure we are closer to our grants than we were 10 months ago.

Feel free to pm me anytime as well 👍

QTS was a pain, it was so close, we had to ask for a extension from BSMQ, fortunately we had a nice caseworker 

and she helped hurry our application through, Nearly coming up to a year since the QTS was approved, not sure what we have to do

to keep that valid. The wife receives all the QTS correspondence.

I have to agree, I have a couple of pals who live on the gold coast, its my idea of paradise!!! 

EXACTLY!

Hopefully the wait is mostly over!

Ill drop you a message later. 

• Like 1

QTS were also extremely helpful with us too. It's easy to renew, and you will be provided with an up to date certificate, by post and eCert. I don't think you lose it per se, but you are charged less for renewing early/on time. 

Have family in the area and visited not not long ago with the family. People are truly lucky to live there, soon us 😅🙏🤞

Nice to go into more details on pm!👍