Expired Resident return visa

Saqlain

Hi, 

my resident return visa was expired on Oct 3,2020 while i am stuck outside Aus due to covid 19. I didnt apply for new RRV so far because my child is down syndrome and Dr have advised us not to travel with my child in such situation. 
we still have house lease in Melbourne on our name and have bank account. 
my wife have valid 5 year RRV

child is Australian citizen.

now my vevo status is showing 

you do not have any Australian visa.

my question is: based on compelling reason of my down syndrome child and house leave on my name, can i still be granted RRV if i will apply now?

Appreciate your support 

35 minutes ago, Saqlain said:

my question is: based on compelling reason of my down syndrome child and house leave on my name, can i still be granted RRV if i will apply now?

Compelling reasons has nothing to do with it, but If your wife has a valid RRV you should be fine. 

2 hours ago, paulhand said:

Compelling reasons has nothing to do with it, but If your wife has a valid RRV you should be fine. 

Hi,

you mean even my vevo status is showing 

“ you do not have valid Australian visa” 

i can still be granted one year RRV because my wife have 5 yr valid RRV? 

why do u think its not compelling reason that i cannot travel because Dr has strongly advised us not to travel with our down syndrome child in covid 19 period. 
just wonder  

Paul is saying you do not need a compelling reason to remain outside of Australia.  This is only relevant if you have been out of Australia for 5 years or more.  You simply need to prove strong ties to Australia, which you have.  Usually if a member of the family unit has an RRV additional members will get one.  You should include all evidence of ties in your application though. Your wife’s RRV, your child’s citizenship, your lease and any other information.

Unfortunately allowing the RRV to lapse may re set you time to qualify for citizenship down the line though.

• Like 1