Victoria the place to be, Great days out

tracy123

Guest IrishPost

I have lived in Australia for over 40 years and migrated under the Assisted Passage Scheme for £10.

I have lived and visted many many parts of Australia and prefer to live in Victoria as I prefer the seasonal climate. If I didn't live in Victoria then I would prefer Tasmania.

One of the things I like about Victoria is that the distance between the places you want to visit is not that far by Australian standards and so this enables you to visit many of the areas in one day.

I love around the Gippsland area and if you should take the opportunity to visit areas such as Walhalla, Dargo, Omeo and beyond.

Here is a photo of Swifts Creek which is the town you drive through on the way to Omeo and on into the High Country.

swiftscreekxn7.jpg

For those that like to Ski or just play in the snow this place is for you!!! It's just over 3 hours out of Melbourne. You can stay for a day or a week! best to hire your stuff off the mountain though, anything from a jacket to ski's or a snowboard to tyre chains.....

Find the link below. You always have snow on the mountain wether man made or natural. Idea for kids of all ages

Mt Buller Ski Resort

Geoffrey

Guest The Pom Queen
Whats Melbourne like? Worried that weather is too much like UK. I love the sunshine

I think it is just once you have been here for 4 years it seems freezing in winter, we are averaging 15 degrees so it's not that cold. In summer it is to hot, my father in law came out last summer and he couldn't go outside at all he said it was to hot for him, but we were getting above 40 temperatures. The UK is all rain rain and more rain. Unfortunately we don't get that much here. Our dams are 31% full at the moment, this time last year it was 37% full so we are probably going to move up to water restriction 4 come spring/summer:unsure:

Whats Melbourne like? Worried that weather is too much like UK. I love the sunshine

personally i think Victoria has the best weather out of all the states, yes it gets cold in winter and it rains but the further north you go when it rains it rains and rains and rains and when summer comes Victoria has a dry heat were once again the further north you go the more humid it gets. the humidity is the killer more than the heat.

Geoffrey

Guest Jaynie

I agree, sticky sweaty heat I call it and also 'Bad Hair Day' Heat too!

We went up to Cairns in the winter and my head looked like I had crawled through a hedge backwards on most days, perfectly fine in the air conditioned apartment, then ZAP it was frizzy!:yes:

I loved your website. Melbourne is drawing me. Sat up till 2.30 am this morning reading Lonely Planet on East Coast of Australia. OH is losing will to live as one day I'm heartset on Brisbane, then Perth (liked the look of Bunbury) then back to Brisbane and now Melbourne lol. He's happy to go wherever I fancy (wise man) but as soon as I am sure, I change my mind again. What is the mosquito situation like Melbourne. Is it better, worse or the same as everywhere else.

I loved your website. Melbourne is drawing me. Sat up till 2.30 am this morning reading Lonely Planet on East Coast of Australia. OH is losing will to live as one day I'm heartset on Brisbane, then Perth (liked the look of Bunbury) then back to Brisbane and now Melbourne lol. He's happy to go wherever I fancy (wise man) but as soon as I am sure, I change my mind again. What is the mosquito situation like Melbourne. Is it better, worse or the same as everywhere else.

Depends on where you live! Country Victoria I find it has alot more flies & mozzies rather than Melbourne and surrounding suburbs. You will find most houses have fly screens on the windows so that keeps out the pesky buggers!!! If not there not that expensive to buy and fit yourself.

You will find though the warmer the heat the more flies and mozzies that are around! Trust me you cant go wrong choosing Victoria as a state to move to

Geoffrey

Oooh Geoff. Decisions, decisions. Well don't have to make our minds up til November when we have to apply for state sponsership for our 176 visa. Will keep glued to pomsinoz. Lots of folk going on reccies so will read their reports with interest. Great believer in fate. Will know whats right for us in the end.

Archived