491 visa further assessment timeline

KangaKit

1 hour ago, KangaKit said:

Hi, has anyone recently had their 491 application changed to further assessment after sending in further info? If so how long did it take for a visa decision to be made?

That is, unfortunately, a 'piece of string' question. Some move fast after this, others have been waiting months after being asked to do medicals and police checks. To mix metaphors - everyone's mileage varies at this point. 

Just now, paulhand said:

That is, unfortunately, a 'piece of string' question. Some move fast after this, others have been waiting months after being asked to do medicals and police checks. To mix metaphors - everyone's mileage varies at this point. 

Thought this would be the case 😫

On 13/10/2020 at 18:11, paulhand said:

A blessed day, Paul.

I lodged my state-sponsored (NT) 491 visa on June 3, 2020. I received a request for additional information on September 24, 2020. I am required to furnish the following: biometrics, United Kingdom Police Clearance. I was given 70 days to upload all docs.

I have uploaded a letter to my immi account explaining my inability to provide those documents. I can't provide the former as VFS Global is still closed in Singapore since its temporary closure on April 7, 2020. The latter requirement is definitely a mistake as I have never been to the UK!

I am just hoping that Australian Visa Application Centres will reopen before 2020 ends. My 70th day is on December 2nd.

What do you think of the UK Police Check requirement? Will the CO read the letter I have uploaded or refuse my visa since I can't provide a document that is impossible to provide?

Thanks so much.