Partner visa - where to start..

EJMac

Hi, I've been in Aus for 3 years on a 457, my company have offered to sponsor my PR but I could also get a partner visa and wanted t oweigh up my options, I was hoping someone on this forum may have been in a similar situation and could point me in the right direction.

My main queries as as follows, any information would be really appreciated as I am struggling to get the answers from gov website:

- Which one is quickest to get? We are planning on buying a house early next year so will need the visa in place quickly.

- How much do the visas cost with and without a migration agent? My company will pay for the sponsored visa but I will be tied to them for a while, if I did the partner visa I would be keen to do it myself but happy to get an agent if it looks tricky.

- Re: the partner visa is there a guide at all on any website on how to get started? I am keen to start reading around the process but can't find where to start!

Thanks in advance for any help!

21 hours ago, EJMac said:

Hi, I've been in Aus for 3 years on a 457, my company have offered to sponsor my PR but I could also get a partner visa ...

- Which one is quickest to get? We are planning on buying a house early next year so will need the visa in place quickly.

- How much do the visas cost with and without a migration agent? My company will pay for the sponsored visa but I will be tied to them for a while, if I did the partner visa I would be keen to do it myself but happy to get an agent if it looks tricky.

You already asked this question and it hasn't changed:

Check out the 186 thread for plenty of examples of how long it takes to get a 186.   

Edited by Marisawright