482-186 TRT during covid HELP?!!

LaurenUK

ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT

Currenly a defacto on my partners 482visa and we have our two australian born children as dependants. We are all british citizen and would be due to apply for 186 TRT on November 9th however COVID has put a spanner in the works. 

My partner has had to take 3-4 weeks of LWOP during the pandemic however others in his company have been on stand down much longer and his company are acceptiong the jobkeeper for all australian employees. My partner is the only non-australian at his company so is the only one on LWOP. His compnay is expected to go back to fully operational soon but no set date as of yet. We are unsure if this will effect the compnay for being able to sponsor the TRT or this falls into specail circumstnaces because of the pandemic? 

we have been in Australia for 5 years now and been counting the days to PR since we got our sponsorship!

would love to know if anyone has been in the same boat with this or knows how likely it is to effect our chance to still apply when we are due?? 

2 hours ago, LaurenUK said:

ANY INFO WOULD BE GREAT

Currenly a defacto on my partners 482visa and we have our two australian born children as dependants. We are all british citizen and would be due to apply for 186 TRT on November 9th however COVID has put a spanner in the works. 

My partner has had to take 3-4 weeks of LWOP during the pandemic however others in his company have been on stand down much longer and his company are acceptiong the jobkeeper for all australian employees. My partner is the only non-australian at his company so is the only one on LWOP. His compnay is expected to go back to fully operational soon but no set date as of yet. We are unsure if this will effect the compnay for being able to sponsor the TRT or this falls into specail circumstnaces because of the pandemic? 

we have been in Australia for 5 years now and been counting the days to PR since we got our sponsorship!

would love to know if anyone has been in the same boat with this or knows how likely it is to effect our chance to still apply when we are due?? 

There are a number of fairly complex issues at work here and it would be sensible to get some professional advice based on your and your employer's specific circumstances rather inferring something from other people's experiences.

On 25/09/2020 at 00:13, paulhand said:

There are a number of fairly complex issues at work here and it would be sensible to get some professional advice based on your and your employer's specific circumstances rather inferring something from other people's experiences.

We do have a migration agent looking into our case , I just wanted to know if anyone else was in the same  predicament. For example - finally due to apply for permanent residency but been put on LWOP or similar. Just curious to know how other people have dealt with it or information they have been told in relation while we wait. It’s hard to just sit on my hands. 

we are awaiting our agents response after reviewing of the employers financial information. 

14 hours ago, Raul Senise said:

Many are in this situation and the pathway forward depends on the specifics of each case.

The Government alluded to some possible concessions in an announcement back in April, but since then have not provided any further detail.

Thanks Paul. Yes i did see that announcment in April, just frustrating the havent been any clearer with our pathways since then.