clear that oz debt

legoman

I lived in Oz for nearly 3 yrs, had an absolutely awful time with bad luck health wise. being ripped off jobs etc, everday was turmoil and ground me down, to the point where I had a car accident wrecked both my car and other drivers car, ( thankfully both not hurt ), Anyway it was the final straw and i came home in a daze booked my flight home and 3 days later was back in uk, brought my family back 2 months later after getting my tenant to leave. Anyway to the point.

It seems some of the debts i had in Oz $4000. is still outsatnding and i have been contacted by a credit recovery company, I got sent the details to my address in uk and freely gave it to them as i have every intention of paying it back, I have now built up my business here doing very well with small mortgage and health wise i have recovered. I am now in a position to pay back the debt. I owed the money to commonwealth bank yet a credit recovery company are requesting payment, is this ok?. and I eventually want to return to Oz and give it another go and sell up taking $400k+ with us. what will happen re this debt even tho it will be paid. I will re emphasize it was unintentional and I was close to a breakdown. My credit rating in uk is and always has been excellent and I have never been in debt before.

I would appreciate helpful advice.

thanx

if your unsure about the recovery company contact the bank that your owe the money too and they will tel l you everything yopu should need to know then i suppose it will be similiar to here it will be on you credit record for 5 years this is only my thoughts i don't know for sure.

In the UK it is quite normal for a company that is owed money to pass the debt to a 'debt recovery' company after a period of time so would presume it is the same in Oz however what the Brammies say is very wise - contact the bank and confirm this is the case.

Once the debt has been passed to the recovery company it is very likely that you will have to deal with them, from then on, assuming that it is correct that the debt has been passed to them and they are not con merchants.

Hope you get it sorted OK and get back to Oz someday!

Lyn

Archived