Visitor Visa 600 - CPV 143

NYNL20

2 hours ago, NYNL20 said:

Hi 

I am currently in Australia on a Visitor Visa 600 and would now like to apply for the CPV 143 while I am still in the country? Does anyone know if i would get a bridging visa?

Thanks

Possible I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure you can only apply for this visa offshore. 

You can certainly apply onshore but you won’t get a bridging visas as legally they are not allowed as part of the 143 procedure. You do know the wait time for 143 is currently around 8-9 years? 
I think perhaps you could apply for another 600 but it depends whether that would carry the restriction of no further stay meaning you couldn’t put in for 143 during the validity of that visa. However I’m no expert so advice is always best sought from a reputable immigration agent. 

• Like 1

Thanks. I have spoken to a visa agent who I am meeting later in the week and it looks like the 870 Sponsored Parent is an option, which if granted allows you to stay for 3-5 years and you can reapply for a maximum of 10 years. 

Michelle

4 minutes ago, NYNL20 said:

Thanks. I have spoken to a visa agent who I am meeting later in the week and it looks like the 870 Sponsored Parent is an option, which if granted allows you to stay for 3-5 years and you can reapply for a maximum of 10 years. 

Michelle

Yes. Remember you have to leave Australia for three months before you are allowed to renew it. You can’t apply for 143 if you have already applied for 870. You can apply for both at same time I believe but it depends what restrictions you have on your current visitor visa  - if it says No further stay you can’t apply for anything permanent just a temporary visa   - I think !! I’m someone will Hopefully correct me if I’m wrong !