Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

SimontoOz

491 - Turn down ITA

Recommended Posts

Hi,

As the title says, what happens if I receive an ITA for a 491 visa and decide now is not the right time to apply? Does my EOI get deleted and if further down the line I want to try again do I need to submit another EOI? If it doesn't get deleted is there a time period I have to wait before a 2nd ITA can be issued and is there a limit on how many times I can say I don't want to lodge an ITA?

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, SimontoOz said:

Hi,

As the title says, what happens if I receive an ITA for a 491 visa and decide now is not the right time to apply? Does my EOI get deleted and if further down the line I want to try again do I need to submit another EOI? If it doesn't get deleted is there a time period I have to wait before a 2nd ITA can be issued and is there a limit on how many times I can say I don't want to lodge an ITA?

 

Thanks

Im curious as to why after spending all that time and effort you wouldn’t want to lodge your visa? Obviously everyone has different circumstances but the process is taking so long just now that it probably won’t be into next year before visa is even processed and then you only have to activate the visa you don’t have to move immediately. That probably gives you a couple of years leeway 🤷‍♀️ 
 

you may never get invited again? 


ANZSCO-312311   PTE 79  VISA 190 VIC 

POINTS  age 15     education 10      work 15

english 20        partner 10   total 70

 

EOI 13-09-2019  

PRE-INVITE 21-11-2019

ITA   24-01-2020 

VISA LODGED  04-02-20

HC 17/2/2020

PCC 10/2/2020

VISA GRANTED ?????? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand why you ask, with the current situation (COVID) i feel it doesnt hurt to consider the impact on job availability/security and whether the risk is too great currently. Turning down an ITA would be the last resort (and extremly unlikely) but I couldn't find anything online as to what happens if I don't follow up on the ITA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SimontoOz said:

I couldn't find anything online as to what happens if I don't follow up on the ITA.

It's on the main Skill Select page:

"Your EOI will be removed from Skillselect:

  • if you receive 2 invitations and you don't lodge a visa application in response to either of these invitations, or
  • if you receive an invitation to lodge a visa application for a permanent or provisional visa and are subsequently granted that visa."

____________________________________________________________________

Paul Hand

Registered Migration Agent, MARN 1801974

SunCoast Migration Ltd

All comments are general in nature and do not constitute legal or migration advice. Comments may not be applicable or appropriate to your specific situation. Any comments relate to legislation and policy at date of post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SimontoOz said:

I understand why you ask, with the current situation (COVID) i feel it doesnt hurt to consider the impact on job availability/security and whether the risk is too great currently. Turning down an ITA would be the last resort (and extremly unlikely) but I couldn't find anything online as to what happens if I don't follow up on the ITA.

Bear in mind that if you get the visa, all you're obliged to do is to visit Australia for a day - then the visa counts as "activated".  After that, you have almost 5 years to make the permanent move. 


Scot by birth, emigrated 1985 | Aussie husband applied UK spouse visa Jan 2015, granted March 2015, moved to UK May 2015 | Returned to Oz June 2016

"The stranger who comes home does not make himself at home but makes home itself strange." -- Rainer Maria Rilke

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×