passort to use going back to uk

PIPMOSS

Going back to uk for a holiday do i use my uk going and oz one coming back home or just go on oz passport.

What have other people done not sure what to do.

Thanks

Phil

I recently came back from a holiday from the UK. I used my Oz one leaving here (that was the passport no. I quoted when booking my ticket) and my UK one to get into the UK (saves you completing a landing card). On the return flight from the UK, used my Oz one (so you don't need a visa, as when you get Citizenship your visa in UK one is cancelled). Also used Oz one to get back in again, for the same reason...

Hope this helps, and makes sense!!

Have a lovely holiday,

Jarvl.

Guest kenpom
I recently came back from a holiday from the UK. I used my Oz one leaving here (that was the passport no. I quoted when booking my ticket) and my UK one to get into the UK (saves you completing a landing card). On the return flight from the UK, used my Oz one (so you don't need a visa, as when you get Citizenship your visa in UK one is cancelled). Also used Oz one to get back in again, for the same reason...

Hope this helps, and makes sense!!

Have a lovely holiday,

Jarvl.

Can you travel out and back on 2 different passports?

I thought this was a no no?

ya i have dual citizenship and carry to passports so i should be ok but if it is only a case of filling in a land card not to bad i am only going back for a couple off weeks dont think i could take much more . lol

Guest Jaynie
ya i have dual citizenship and carry to passports so i should be ok but if it is only a case of filling in a land card not to bad i am only going back for a couple off weeks dont think i could take much more . lol

Yes I know were you are coming from, I went back for a wedding in May, only went for 2 weeks, the wedding was in the 1st week and I could have flown home after the reception to be honest with you!

Home in UK right now and loving it - would happily burn my Aussie passport on the ceremonial bonfire but the DH will be itching to go (to his) home in 4 weeks time so I suppose I had better not do it. The shredder is also sitting tantalizingly in the corner of this room too - hmmmmm.

Leave Aus on your Aussie passport and arrive in UK on your UK passport and vice versa although they will want to see that you have a valid entry visa/permit to get into Australia before the airline will embark you to leave UK for Aus.

Archived