Prep School???

Guest MMPD

Hi guys

We are hoping to arrive in Brisbane in September/October this year and wonder if someone could advise on whether my daughter who will be 5 in March 2009 will be eligible to start prep school there?

Any advice appreciated.

Thnx

Maria

Hi Jo

No harm in yours being the eldest.. she'll be the leader of them all!!

Sorry but does that mean my daughter can start end Jan 2009 then?

Thx

Maria

Guest The Baggo's

My youngest was 5 on 7th July!!! she misses out by 7 days!! I appealed when we arrived saying that she had a place for school in UK but no joy!! She will be 6 1/2 when she starts year 1 - prep isn't too structured unlike UK . just my luck to miss out!!

Thanks for you posts guys - i had a feeling she would be starting in January 09 but just needed to make sure, i think i'd be gutted if my little one missed out by 7 days too..pretty frustrating isn't it.

Just out of interest, does anyone have any recommendations on state schools in and around Caloundra as we are still undecided, :unsure:trying to access as many Inspection reports as possible but any experiences or guidance with this would be great.

Thx again

Maria

Guest dragonsteeth

MMPD

I have the same "will be five" year old who will go into Prep School after we arrive in Brisbane (Sept/Oct). We are starting the search for housing and schools and was wondering how to know if a school was good or not. What are the Inspection reports and how do i find them? Do you have any other advise on how to assess a school?

MMPD

I have the same "will be five" year old who will go into Prep School after we arrive in Brisbane (Sept/Oct). We are starting the search for housing and schools and was wondering how to know if a school was good or not. What are the Inspection reports and how do i find them? Do you have any other advise on how to assess a school?

I know it's a bit of a minefield here are a few sites to check for now, most school websites have annual reports on their websites though, maybe we could share our findings - 2 heads are better than 1 as they say:yes::

Schools Reporting for State and Non-state Schools

Brisbane, Queensland Schools - Australian Schools Directory

Caloundra State School for Caloundra go to achievements, then click link at top of the page that comes up.

Hi Brendan & Joelle

can you pm me ur email address and i'll fwd u handy doc on with list of contacts in brisbane, including education sites.

Maria

Archived