Functional English

Alex Nez

Hi all,

Is completing two years of college towards obtaining a VCE considered as equivalent to having functional English for visa purposes? or the VCE holder still has to show a language test result?

Thanks in advance for sharing any ideas

42 minutes ago, Kevin Kim said:

I am a bit confused the definition. Is overall 30 enough, otherwise each 30 is required? 

It's each entry has to be over the threshold not just the average. I shouldn't worry PTE 30 should be achievable by anyone with a passable grasp of English

15 hours ago, Ausvisitor said:

It's each entry has to be over the threshold not just the average. I shouldn't worry PTE 30 should be achievable by anyone with a passable grasp of English

It's not each 30,  just average 30 is enough, just got confirmed from the migration agency and immigration. Thanks anyway. 

6 hours ago, Kevin Kim said:

It's not each 30,  just average 30 is enough, just got confirmed from the migration agency and immigration. Thanks anyway. 

I just took another read of the rules, and yes you are right. For just functional english its the overall averaged score that matters, for any of the higher english awards you have to pass the threshold for each independent criteria.

Good luck with the test

• Like 1