Child Visa - Options

Hi

I hope everyone is ok?

Quick question and apologies if this has been discussed in another thread.

I am awaiting approval for my Citizen by Descent Certificate, what would be the best option to make the move to Australia with an 11 year old child, we are in the UK?

Many thanks in advance x 

When do you intend to travel to Australia?

Given the current travel restrictions for temporary visa holders, there's a possibility that your child on a visitor visa may not be granted permission to enter.

If you are looking to move to Australia next year, you can consider to apply for the Child visa offshore now.

Wouldn’t be until next year now giving the current circumstances.  Don’t want to apply now and have to wait for 14 months until it’s process as my visa should come through before July.

Was just considering options to make the move and then apply onshore or do you think it would be better to apply now? X 

Apply for your child's visa now offshore.  All sorts of issues with a child on a visitor visa with respect to education and health.  Do it properly then you wont have any problems. Speed is not always the best way forward.